Monday, August 13, 2012

First post and a tour!

Welcome to my blog! I have been wanting to start one for a while and am just now finally getting around to putting the gears in motion :) A big ole thanks to Erin from Creating and Designing for my super cute blog design! LOVE it!

Well I am officially (as of this morning) a second year first grade teacher down in Texas!  I am from Louisiana and moved here a while ago to be with my now fiance.  I LOVE my school and LOVE first graders even more!  It is the perfect age to teach - they learn sooo much in a year.  So to start off I thought I'd give you a lil tour of my classroom.  Our rooms are pretty spacious, so I am very lucky!  Can't wait for my firsties' work to be plastered all over the walls soon!  Here is a peek into Room 108 (be prepared for iphone overload):

Here is the view from the door:
The front wall of the room. Calendar, Helpers, Student of the Week and word wall.
I am trying a new spot for the word wall this year. Got these SUPER cute alphabet letters from Live, Love, Laugh Everyday in Kindergarten!
Big fan of Creative Teaching Press' Dots on Turquoise.... maaaybe a bit too much :/
I heart my reading corner :) Got our "Bee" Rules idea from First Grader... At Last! and the word helper posters from my fav The First Grade Parade!  Aren't the teeny tiny chairs so dang adorable??

Carpet area, word work, math buckets, and computers.
Our back wall (yay for storage), book boxes, teacher mess.
This will be my first year using CAFE.
Writing Center - I KNOW it is crooked and it's driving me totally nutso, I just haven't had time to tweak it. Ugh. Anyway - cute numbers from Step into Second Grade with Mrs. Lemons, Writer's Eye Posters from Sailing Through First Grade and cute owls from I can't remember where?! Help!

My front door to welcome the little guys (ignore my shadow ha)
And our clip chart! Again from Live, Love, Laugh Everyday in Kindergarten (tons of good freebies!)
And there you have it!  My home away from home in a nutshell.  Hope you like it :)


2 comments:

  1. Your room looks fabulous! I doing a dots on turquoise theme this year too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your room is amazing!! I am moving to first grade this year from 3rd and I also teach in Texas!! I am your newest follower.
    Heather

    Kickin' It With Class

    ReplyDelete